Following a Vegan diet can be hard work. But choosing to opt in to Veganuary could encourage you to explore new foods, especially some of the delicious Scottish produce from our own fertile soils. A little more than neeps and tatties!
35ml of a non-peated blended malt whisky such as this one.
100-200ml of boiling water
Pinch of whole cloves
Sugar for dusting the rim of the glass
Honey. (If you use the recommended whisky above you may not need to add this as the sweetness of the blended malt will infuse the drink already)
Optional (but strongly recommended for the full experience):
Stick of cinnamon
A handled glass (as shown in the picture above)
1. Cut the lemon in half reserving a thick slice from one of the halves.
2. Dust a plate with a thin layer of sugar, then rim the glass you will be using with one of the halves of lemon, wetting it thoroughly., Then turn the glass upside down in the sugar to coat the rim.
3. Pour the whisky into the glass then add honey to taste.
4. Add the boiling water to about 3/4 full.
5. Cut the reserved lemon slice in half. Fix a few cloves to one half and add to the glass, reserving the other half for garnish.
6. Squeeze the juice from the other half of the lemon into the glass, stir and infuse. If you like you can fix the cloves into half of the reserved lemon slice before adding.
6. Optional: Add a stick of cinnamon or star anise for an extra hit of flavour.
Find a warm fireside and sit back and enjoy!
Since March 2021, more than half a million people worldwide have signed up to trying to go vegan in January and beyond.
The good news is, there are lots of vegan treats available so that you don't feel like you're missing out.
If you're looking for a gift or treat for yourself, a Vegan friend or family member, then look no further...
And there is always coffee...
New Year Resolutions and January Sales are as much a part of the Winter scene as snow and ice - and cold rain! Don't miss our January sale from the comfort of your armchair.
Wishing you a very Happy New Year and all the best for 2023!
Toni and the Geraldo's Team x