We are seeking a new member of staff to join our growing team at Geraldo's to help us as we approach Summer 2021.
Currently, Geraldo's is trading in store and online and provides a local delivery service and call/collect service. As a small business, we have had to make numerous changes during this last year to adapt to our changing retail environment.
Every member of our team has had to quickly learn new skills and become extremely adaptable to every day bringing a new challenge and yet another change.
We are looking for someone who can work with us to start moving the business forward into the next phase and beyond.
If you have experience...
- in a retail environment;
- in a similar retail environment e.g. food, off-sales, ice cream, specialist deli, licensed trade etc;
- of working with a small team day-to-day;
- in customer service;
…what are you waiting for?
Knowledge of everything we do isn't essential as on the job training will be provided however, a clear understanding of WHAT we do IS essential.
We are a family business established since 2000 and have a unique culture and offering - our fabulous range of handmade chocolates, our award-winning ice cream and our selection of artisan spirits and gifts as well as the people in our business are the key to our success. We are a busy 5-star tourist shop, open long hours during the main summer season and throughout all holiday periods in a prime seaside location. There is never a dull moment! Christmas is our busiest time of year so if you enjoy lots of time off with your family this is NOT for you. If you're looking for a challenge and you're not afraid of hard work, this is it!
The type of person we are looking for needs to:
- be very flexible
- live locally
- be adaptable to constant change
- have good communication skills
- have a good telephone manner
- be able to SELL (we are ALL sales people in this job)
- have an eye for detail
- work to a high standard
- be able to work under pressure
- be able to work as part of a team
- be computer literate with MS Office specifically Word, Outlook and Excel
- have some social media skills (active on Facebook / Instagram / Twitter)
What we can offer you:
- Immediate start date
- Wage rate exceeds NMW
- Minimum 20 hours per week
- Plenty of scope for growth and development if you show aptitude and confidence in a particular area.
If you feel you have what it takes and are ready for a challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to: