Clydeside Stobcross Lowland Single Malt - Inaugural Release
Stobcross is the inaugural release from The Clydeside Distillery in Glasgow and we're one of the first retailers in the UK to stock it!
It is produced using clear water from Loch Katrine, 100% Scottish barley and then matured in 90% Bourbon (American Oak) and 10% Sherry (European Oak) casks.
The ancient state of Stobcross was named after a historic cross which once marked the route to Dumbarton Rock. On this road, in the 1600s, the Anderson family built a fine mansion, Stobcross House, later going on to lay out the prosperous weaving village of Anderston. With time comes change, and in 1875, with the industrial rise of the River Clyde, Stobcross House was demolished to make way for the Queen’s Dock – one the beating heart of Glasgow’s global maritime trade and fame.
Today in the Dock’s former Pumphouse, built in 1877, that spirit of innovation continues with the combination of experience, passion and skill to create The Clydeside Distillery’s first release, ‘Stobcross’ – a single malt, rooted in history. Time and tide might have changed the Clyde, but the city’s spirit of innovation and creation still burns bright.
Natural colour and un-chill filtered.
Net weight: 1.6kg
Nose: Floral notes, fresh sweetness with tropical tones.
Palate: Orchard fruits and hints of white pepper.
In 2017, Tim Morrison opened The Clydeside Distillery, fulfilling his ambition to revive distilling Single Malt Whisky once more in Glasgow. With over a century of whisky making in his family history, starting with Stanley P. Morrison who was one of Glasgow’s most successful whisky brokers, it seems fitting that Tim is now bringing whisky distilling back to the docks of the city.
Whisky runs through Glasgow's industrial heritage like the River Clyde itself. Which is why the gleaming new Clydeside Distillery at the old Queens Dock has a touch of the inevitable about it.
The Distillery is located in the Pumphouse building, which once controlled all the comings and goings for the famous Queen’s Dock. This building pumped hydraulic power for the swing bridge, witnessing ships leaving the docks carrying whisky destined for every continent.