Isle of Raasay Single Malt - Batch 2
The second batch of the Isle of Raasay Single Malt is now here! As a small-batch, handcrafted distillery there will always be slight variation between each batch depending on the composition of that particular bottling. But the signature Isle of Raasay style is always apparent: a subtle, fragrant smokiness balanced with dark fruit flavours.
Two Isle of Raasay spirits – peated and unpeated – are matured separately in first fill Rye whiskey, fresh Chinkapin oak and first fill Bordeaux red wine casks. These six recipe casks marry together to create the perfect dram with real elegance, complexity and depth of character. A first of this cask combination in Scotch whisky history.
Every drop of spirit is aged and bottled in their island warehouses, supporting the local economy while maximising the influence of the Hebridean climate on their single malt whisky.
Non-chill filtered and natural colour.
Net weight: 1.5kg
Lightly peated balanced with rich dark fruit flavours. Honey gold in colour with hints of red wine hues.
Isle of Raasay Distillery
Founded in 2014 by Alasdair Day and Bill Dobbie and opened in 2017, Isle of Raasay Distillery is the first legal distillery on the island in northwest Scotland with a vision to create the finest Hebridean single malt Scotch whisky and a unique whisky destination with arguably the best view from any distillery in Scotland.
Batch 2 - The Facts
- Release Date: September 2021
- ABV: 46.4%
- Peat Level: Barley 48-52ppm | Residual in Bottle est. 12ppm
- Presentation: Natural colour, non-chill filtered
- Cask Types: First fill ex-Rye Whiskey, virgin Chinkapin oak, and first fill Bordeaux red wine
- Spirit Types: Isle of Raasay peated & unpeated spirit
- Barley Variety: Concerto
- Yeast Type: Distillers’ Yeast
- Water Source: Isle of Raasay Distillery 60 metre well on site – Tobar na Bà Baine
- Fermentation Time: 3 and 5 day fermentations
- Spirit Cut Point: Narrow cut point
- Cask Filling Strength: 63.5% abv
- Distilled: 22/11/2017 – 27/02/2018
- Vatting: 23/07/2021 to 16/08/2021
- Bottling: 17/08/2021 to ongoing
- Maturation & Bottling: Isle of Raasay Distillery