We are a small team at Geraldo's and on the lookout for a new Assistant Manager with a view to becoming our General Manager to help take our business sales forward both in store and online. If you have deputy/assistant management experience, are passionate, friendly and enthusiastic we would love to hear from you!
Assistant Manager Essentials!
If you have experience...
- in retail shop management;
- in the same or similar retail environment e.g. food, off-sales, ice cream, specialist deli, licensed trade etc;
- working with a small team day-to-day;
- helping to control and organise the resources of a small shop;
- in one-to-one customer care;
- in an administrative/organisational role,
…what are you waiting for!
Knowledge of everything we do isn't essential as on the job training will be provided however, a clear understanding of WHAT we do IS essential.
We are a family business established since 2000 and have a unique culture and offering - our fabulous range of handmade chocolates, our award-winning ice cream and our selection of artisan spirits and gifts as well as the people in our business are the key to our success. We are a busy 4-star tourist shop, open long hours during the main summer season and all holiday periods in a prime seaside location and there is never a dull moment. If you're looking for a challenge and you're not afraid of hard work, this is it!
The Assistant Manager role is key to our success so we are looking for an Assistant Manager at this business to be as passionate about us as well as our customers.
Assistant Manager role:
- Deputising for the Business Owner
- Lead the current/new team in delivering excellent customer care
- Training and development of the team
- Maintaining current operating systems and devising new systems.
What we are looking for in an Assistant Manager:
- At least 6 months experience in a supervisory role
- Hospitality, leisure or retail experience
- Ability to role model our values and brand standards
- Passionate about great service
- Enjoys and wants to be an active, hands on member of the team
- Great eye for detail
- Works to a high standard
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Skilled in organising and planning
- Good computer literacy
- Excellent verbal communication
- An understanding of what amazing customer service looks like
- Social media skills
- Personal License Holder
- Food Hygiene & Safety Certificate
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Immediate start date
- Permanent full time position with a minimum 40hrs per week
- We can offer you a personalised induction based on your current skills and knowledge with some goals for your period of probation.
If you’re passionate about people and sales and feel you are ready for a challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to: